The First Quinquennial Session of the Allegheny East Conference Corporation of Seventh-day Adventists will convene Sunday, October 15, 2017, at 9:30 a.m. at Reaching Hearts International Seventh-day Adventist Church, 6100 Brooklyn Bridge Road, Laurel, MD 20707.
This meeting is called for the election of officers, departmental directors, and committees that may properly come before the session at that time.
Organizing Committee South
August 20, 2017
Breath of Life Church, 11310 Fort Washington Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744
Organizing Committee North
September 10, 2017
Allegheny East Conference Administration Building - Great Room, Pine Forge, Pennsylvania 19548
October 1, 2017
Allegheny East Conference Center I, Pine Forge, Pennsylvania 19548
Constituency Delegate Orientation
DUTY OF INDIVIDUAL CHURCH MEMBER:
- Church selects Delegates and selects Organizing Committee Church Member from their Delegates: All delegates' names and information should be registered by July 17, 2017 by local church clerk by completing the form below.
DUTY OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE (meets five (5) weeks prior to session - 50% of its members represents quorum):
- Organizing Committee selects Nominating Committee Members
- select a representative for each 1,000 members or major fraction in that area.
- cannot select more than one denominational employee and one lay person who currently serve on Executive Committee.
- employees cannot exceed fifty (50) percent chosen by an area Organizing Committee.
- each Organizing Committee cannot have more than fifty (50) percent representation on the Nominating Committee.
DUTY OF NOMINATING COMMITTEE (meets two (2) weeks prior to session - October 1, 2017 at Pine Forge, PA - 50% of its members represents quorum): The President of the Columbia Union serves as the Chair of the Nominating Committee.
Nominating Committee nominates the following conference officers:
- President (consider at least three (3) names ).
- Vice President for Administration (consider at least three (3) names).
- Vice President for Finance (consider at least three (3) names).
- Department Directors.
- Area Leaders (consider at least two (2) names).
- Executive Committee Members.*
*Not more than fifty (50) percent of lay persons on Nominating Committee can serve on the Executive Committee.
*No Conference Officer or Department Director can serve on Nominating Committee.